Building Mercy Health
The new Mercy Health Muskegon medical center, opening in 2019, will serve the medical needs of the entire West Michigan community.
As a LEED certified, world-class destination for comprehensive health, the new Mercy Health medical center will be comprised of nine stories featuring 267 expansive, private patient rooms; a new Emergency Department; state-of-the-art surgical and procedural areas; the renovation of the existing Mercy Campus; and a host of modern amenities and technologies. Site preparation on the Mercy Campus began in May 2016 and full-scale construction is currently underway.
The new medical center will:
- Create one location for all hospital-based service needs
- Provide single-occupancy inpatient and outpatient rooms with ample space for visiting family members
- Locate Labor & Delivery, the Mother/Baby Unit and Pediatrics on one floor
- Locate the Surgical Platform and the Emergency Department together – vital for critical patients
- Help patients find their way more quickly and easily
- Continue a legacy of compassionate care and innovative medicine